An employee who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 should notify his/her supervisor immediately and email the director of health services at Bailey Health Center at email@example.com
- Close off the area visited by a person who is positive for COVID-19.
- Cleaning staff entering the area should use PPE including gloves, gown, and mask.
- Clean and disinfect the area (up to 10,000 square ft.) using a Halo fog machine. Wait one hour after use before using the space again. For areas greater than 10,000 square feet, facilities staff should clean and disinfect the space with attention to high-touch areas.
- Contact tracing: Identify employees who were in close contact with a confirmed or probable case. Current CDC guidance in the workplace defines close contact as within six feet for at least 10 minutes.
- Notify employees who were close contacts.
- Close contacts should remain at home for a period of 14 days and practice social distancing within the household. Contacts should self-monitor for symptoms and contact a healthcare provider if symptoms develop.
- Screening: Employees should take their temperature before starting work. Employees with a fever greater than 100.3 or symptoms including a cough, body aches, severe fatigue, chest pain, or shortness of breath should stay home and notify a health care provider.