What are the requirements and recommendations for COVID-19 testing, quarantine, and isolation when I return to campus?

We strongly recommend that students get tested 7-10 days before returning to campus. Those who test positive for COVID-19 should remain at home and contact the Bailey Health Center for clearance to return to campus. 

All students returning to campus will be tested for COVID-19 prior to receiving their keys at check-in.

While awaiting results students should adhere to the instructions they receive at check-in including strict social distancing and wearing of face coverings.

The Health Center will conduct weekly surveillance testing throughout the semester. You may be asked to come to the tent outside of Bailey for surveillance testing. You may not opt out of any testing requested by the Health Center.

What happens if I test positive for COVID-19?

Students testing positive for COVID-19 will transition to College housing units designated for the purpose of providing isolation for students who test positive. Health Center staff will check in with you every day and meals will be delivered to your residential location. 

What happens if I have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19?

Lafayette’s team of contact tracers will collaborate with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to identify individuals at risk who may need to quarantine in their residence halls or other assigned housing. You will be asked a series of questions to determine if you were exposed to an individual with COVID-19. These questions will help to determine if you might have been within 6 feet of the person infected with COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes. Health services will monitor students who are quarantined and meal delivery will be arranged.

I am a student who has been approved to live on campus or in an off campus in College owned unit. What happens if I feel ill during the semester?

If you experience any symptoms please call the Bailey Health Center. The Health Center will only see students who call ahead to make an appointment. Testing is available at Bailey and individuals with concerning symptoms can have COVID-19 test results within one hour. 

Do I need to wear a mask?

Facial coverings must be worn at all times when you leave your room. The mask helps protect others around you if you are infected with COVID-19. Masks are not a substitute for social distancing.

I am an employee at the College. Is testing for possible exposure available to me? Will I get charged for testing?

Employees that wish to be tested should contact the Health Center. You will be asked to do a brief screening intake. After the intake you will be given a prescription for a COVID-19 test that you can take to one of the testing sites in the area. In most cases, testing will be covered by insurance for employees who have our medical coverage.

I am an employee and I feel ill. What should I do?

If you become ill while at work, notify your supervisor and contact your personal physician. If you become ill at home, don’t return to campus. Your personal physician may recommend an evaluation and further testing. Point of care diagnostic tests are available to employees at Bailey if your personal physician recommends rapid testing.

I am a student arriving from a state that the Pennsylvania Department of Health recommends a quarantine. What is the College policy?

If you are a student arriving from one of the states listed by the Department of Health with high prevalence of COVID-19, you will be required to self-quarantine in your assigned housing until you are notified by a representative from Bailey that you are cleared. Students on a College meal plan will be able to receive their meals delivered to their residence. Students will be tested on arrival and re-tested the following week. The quarantine period will end after two negative tests. Each test will have a rapid turnaround time. 

I am an employee arriving from a state that the Pennsylvania Department of Health recommends a quarantine. What is the College policy?

Employees arriving from one the states listed by the Department of Health with high prevalence of COVID-19 should notify their supervisor. Decisions regarding work status will be made on a case by case basis. Testing for possible exposure may be recommended.