Updated Jan. 8, 2021

What are the requirements and recommendations for COVID-19 testing, quarantine, and isolation when I return to campus?

What happens if I test positive for COVID-19?

Students testing positive for COVID-19 will transition to College housing units designated for the purpose of providing isolation for students who test positive. Health center staff will check in with you every day and meals will be delivered to your residential location. Additional details

What happens if I have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19?

Please review the College’s contact tracing protocols.

I am a student who has been approved to live on campus or in an off campus in College owned unit. What happens if I feel ill during the semester?

If you experience any symptoms please call the Bailey Health Center. The health center will only see students who call ahead to make an appointment. Testing is available at Bailey Health Center and individuals with concerning symptoms can receive COVID-19 test results within one hour. 

Do I need to wear a mask?

Facial coverings must be worn at all times when you leave your room. The mask helps protect others around you if you are infected with COVID-19. Masks are not a substitute for social distancing.

I am an employee at the College. Is testing for possible exposure available to me? Will I get charged for testing?

Testing is available for all faculty and staff and is conducted at a local lab facility. A script for testing can be obtained through Bailey Health Center by calling 610-330-5001.

Capital BlueCross has advised that they will cover testing with no member copay when the test is ordered by a healthcare provider, including Dr. Goldstein, under circumstances such as diagnostic testing for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, confirmed exposure to an individual diagnosed with COVID-19, and/or concern about exposure to individuals or groups suspected of having COVID-19.

For more information on testing coverage with Capital BlueCross and resources for members, please refer to the Capital BlueCross Coronavirus Resources website.

I am an employee and I feel ill. What should I do?

If you become ill while at work, notify your supervisor and contact your personal physician. If you become ill at home, don’t return to campus. Your personal physician may recommend an evaluation and further testing. Point of care diagnostic tests are available to employees at Bailey Health Center if your personal physician recommends rapid testing.

I am a student arriving from a state that the Pennsylvania Department of Health recommends a quarantine. What is the College policy?

If you are a student arriving from one of the states listed by the Department of Health with high prevalence of COVID-19, you will be required to self-quarantine in your assigned housing until you are notified by a representative from Bailey that you are cleared.

Students on a College meal plan will need to identify a meal buddy to get their meals from Dining Services. If you are not able to identify a meal buddy, please contact dizej@lafayette.edu.

Students will be tested on arrival and re-tested the following week. The quarantine period will end after two negative tests. Each test will have a rapid turnaround time. 

I am an employee arriving from a state that the Pennsylvania Department of Health recommends a quarantine. What is the College policy?

Employees arriving from one of the states listed by the Department of Health with high prevalence of COVID-19 should notify their supervisor. Decisions regarding work status will be made on a case by case basis. Testing for possible exposure may be recommended.

How will the symptom tracking process work? What happens with the data that is submitted?

Each morning all approved on-campus students and all faculty and staff (working on campus or remotely) are expected to complete a daily symptom and history questionnaire. The personalized link with screening questions can be completed in less than a minute.

Faculty & Staff: The first question of the symptom tracker is “are you coming to campus today?” If the answer is “no” then no further questions will be asked and the daily symptom tracker is completed for that day.

Symptom tracking data: Data for faculty and staff is anonymous. Data for students is being collected. The protocols are different for students because their proximity to others in their residences puts them at greater risk.